A blender is an electronic kitchen appliance consisting of a blender jar with a rotating metal blade at the bottom, powered by an electric motor in the base. It is indeed an essential kitchen appliance allowing you to blend smoothies, crush and blend ice in drinks or mixing pancake batter. Blenders are among the most vital kitchen tools so to choose a blender wisely gives better final products. Hence, here are factors you should consider in looking for the best blender.
1. Speed. Certain blenders only have a few speed buttons. Speed options usually range from 2 to 20, with the more the number, the better the blender is.
2. Pulse. This feature is definitely the most important feature for blenders. It allows someone to have better control while blending in order to get consistency just right.
3. Wattage. Typically, blender wattage ranges from 300 watts to 1500 watts. On the other hand, those planning to use the blender for crushing ice, they might need something more powerful.
4. Ease of Cleaning. All blenders may appear easy to clean. Opt for a device with easier to wipe touch pad buttons rather than one having traditional press down buttons likely to get food bits trapped between them.
5. Durability. Devices having plastic components are usually less durable. Those made from metal or stainless steel components are recommended; this material is preferred due to its resistance to stains and odors, it is also sleek and virtually indestructible. As with its glass, its fragility makes it prone to breakage. Compared to other materials, it is slightly heavier. Regardless of the preferred material, ensure your blender has a slightly heavy base fitted with rubber feet for stability during use.
Choosing the best blender for you may take some time but the result is promising.